Responsible Alcohol Retailing
This course meets the requirement to demonstrate a commitment to provide responsible alcohol retailing. Those who complete the qualification will have an understanding of their responsibilities in working within the law and support the designated premises supervisor.
The course covers:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect that it has on the human body.
- The main issues in the 2003 Licensing Act as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers.
- Licensing law in relation to the protection of children from harm.
- The social responsibilities relating to the retail sale of alcohol.
- How to recognise drunkenness, and your duty not to serve customers who are drunk
- Appropriate strategies that can be adopted to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict and the importance of personal safety.