This five-day course (plus examination) is essential for those who monitor and audit health and safety management systems, including business owners, managers, production managers and supervisors. Successful candidates will be able to manage health and safety in most businesses, by designing safe practices and procedures, developing auditing and monitoring programmes, interpreting legal requirements and liaising with enforcement officers, managing staff training, and establishing risk assessment projects (with additional training where necessary).
It is advised that candidates already hold the Level 3 Award in Supervising Health & Safety or have a good understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
It is also recommended that candidates have a good standard of written English appropriate to producing written reports.
The course is usually run in one or two-day sections over a period of four weeks, allowing time for private study and consolidation.
The course covers:
- The principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Health & Safety Law & Enforcement
- Health and safety organisation and management
- The prevention of accidents and ill health.
- Risk Assessment: identifying hazard, risk and control
- Health & Safety systems, records and documentation
- Supervising health and safety
- The practical approach
Certification is achieved by the successful completion of a multi-choice question paper and short essay questions.
Level 4 Award in Health & Safety for Management Course Dates
Please contact us for dates.