HSH certificate of attendance
A half-day course designed to cover the minimum requirement for anyone involved in meal and dietary planning for those in full time residential care, particularly where health or other needs may have an effect on the nutritional well- being of the client group.
The course covers
- Nutrition terminology
- Influences affecting food choices
- Care standards
- The principles of balanced eating
- Dietary needs and lifestyle diet and disease
- Social and health issues influencing food intake
- The barriers to healthy eating
- The effect of food processing on nutritional values
- Using and understanding nutritional information
- Current legislation – content and labelling
- Records and documentation
No formal assessment.