Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety
This three-day course is designed to address the role and responsibility of the supervisor in relation to safe food handling practices, in a catering, retail or manufacturing business.
The course covers:
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Micro-organisms (Multiplication & Survival Hazards)
- Contamination Hazards and Controls
- Food Poisoning and its Control
- Food Handlers and Personal Hygiene
- Food Safety Management Systems and HACCP
- The Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Food Pests and Control
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Supervisory Management
- Food Safety Enforcement.
Certification is achieved by the successful completion of a multi-choice question paper.