A one-day course designed to cover the minimum requirement for anyone involved in, or having responsibility for menu and meal planning.
The course covers:
- Nutrition terminology
- Influences affecting food choices
- The principles of balanced eating
- Diet and health
- Dietary needs and lifestyle
- The effect of food processing on nutritional values
- Using and understanding nutritional information
- Current legislation – content and labelling
Certification is achieved by the successful completion of a multi-choice question paper.