Paediatric First Aid – Ofsted Syllabus
This 2-day course complies with Ofsted guidelines. It will highlight the skills those working with children need in order to deal with everyday incidents such as common childhood illness, head injuries and nose bleeds, to more serious life-threatening issues such as breathing difficulty and the unconscious child.
The course covers:
- BLS – CPR /airway management
- Unconscious patient – primary and secondary survey – recovery position
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- The First Aid box
- Record keeping
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Foreign objects – choking
- Common childhood illnesses and conditions
Assessment of competence is on-going practical and knowledge assessment by the trainer. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a certificate valid for three years. (An annual refresher session is recommended).