HSH certificate of attendance.
A half day course. Epipen training raises awareness of the dangers faced by those who may suffer anaphylactic shock following exposure to a food or substance to which they are allergic.
What does the Epipen course involve?
The course covers:
- Anaphylactic shock – symptoms and dangers
- Accessibility of prescribed medicines
- Administration of medication – use of Epipen
- Record keeping
- Prevention of exposure to harmful substances
- Assessment of the environment for the safety of allergy sufferers
- Identifying routes for “danger foods” entering the environment
- Menu planning – avoiding “danger foods”
The course will include practical demonstration and individual participation.
Assessment of competence is on-going practical and knowledge assessment by trainer. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded a certificate valid for three years.
Epipen Training Course Dates