Level 3 Delivering Training (RQF)
Before anyone can teach effectively they must understand how individuals learn. In all areas of life, we benefit from receiving knowledge or coaching from those with a skill to pass on, or from those experienced in a trade or discipline. Unfortunately, it is sometimes assumed that those who have the skill and experience also have the ability and confidence to impart this information to others.
HSH trainer training courses are delivered with the emphasis on the practices of effective learning and communication and will be useful for anyone with an interest in how people can be encouraged to learn from an early age and throughout life or understand how and why they may have limited their learning abilities.
Level 2 Customer Service
Customer service can make or break a business, yet it is often an area of training which is overlooked or deemed not necessary for the job role. Customer service is a vital skill for anyone making direct contact with the customer whether face to face (including a delivery driver) or on the telephone taking orders or dealing with customer issues.
These courses can be delivered one-to-one or as a group, in-house or at our training centre. The sessions can be tailored to promote the necessary skills to develop efficient personnel and effective teams with content adjusted to suit the specific requirements of you or your business.
An HSH certificate will be received by each delegate as evidence of learning or Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Exploring the balance between verbal and non-verbal components of communication.
- The different stages in the communication process
- Barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Face-to-face communication, including appearance, impact, body language
- Using and reading body language to project a good impression – an aura of confidence and command for respect.
Presentation Skills and Public Speaking
Building confidence to speak and communicate with impact to audiences.
- Plan and structure a presentation or speech with clear objectives that meets the needs of the audience
- How to appear relaxed, competent and project credibility throughout the presentation
- Integrating points and comments raised and keeping discussion fluid and relevant
Self Confidence in the Workplace
Identifying the principles of promoting you.
- Identify techniques to develop confidence and competency from interview to job start, from admin assistant to business director.
- Exploring ways to develop your workplace effectiveness and profile.
Prioritising and Managing Time
Introducing various tools and techniques to help manage time more effectively.
- Defining time management and tools/techniques
- Why time management fails and admin becomes a burden
- Getting control of your workload and improving personal productivity
This short course is designed for learners to understand the basic principles and application of risk assessment to their workplace.
The course covers:
- Principles of risk assessment
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- The maintenance of a safe work environment via risk assessment
Raising awareness of likely sources of work-related stress, the range of symptoms and effects it can cause and the options available for its control.
This course is appropriate for all employees, especially those:
- dealing with the public
- working to targets or deadlines
- providing services
- supervising or managing
The course will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of strategies to combat work-related stress, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
Developing the nutritional knowledge of those planning or providing food choices to a variety of industry sectors.
The course can be adjusted for:
- Residential care
- Day care
- Child care
- Parent groups
- Youth groups
- Voluntary and community groups
- Nutrition terminology
- Influences affecting food choices
- The principles of balanced eating
- Dietary needs and lifestyle diet and disease
- The barriers to healthy eating (specific to client group)
- Food labelling