1. Skip to header
  2. Skip to navigation
  3. Skip to content
  • Slider-inner

Book Now!

It's easy to book your course with HSH, simply fill out our short online booking form and someone will get back to you with confirmation!

Book your course now!

We have used HSHTC for delivering wide variety of trainings and workshops. They are genuinely interested in working on a partnership basis, this is evident in the constant feedback that the trainers provide not only around training but also around other issues needing support like ESOL etc. They are practical, responsive and focused. They understand the training needs and deliver solutions.

Vanita Dutta, London Borough of Tower Hamlets


Qualifications for the Licensed Trade - raising the bar for Licensed Retailers and Door Supervisors.

Under current UK Licensing legislation it is the duty of those involved with or in the sale of alcohol to the public to do so legally and responsibly. Every proprietor should aspire to confidently run orderly and efficient premises. Typical examples include the local publican, restaurateur, club owner, corner shop proprietor and supermarket manager.

There are other, equally sound reasons to implement professional training for staff involved in the service and sale of alcoholic beverages: Both individual staff members and the proprietor of the premises are potentially liable for breaches or contravention of legislation.

There are also responsibilities under Health & Safety legislation to protect the well being of staff and customers. Some training is a pre-requisite for those applying for and acquiring a Personal Licence to open or operate a business which serves alcohol. Professional training will in the majority of cases support and further enhance customer perception, reputation, efficiency and profitability.

HSH courses are designed to deliver appropriate professional training for you and your team members including service staff, bar staff, door supervisory teams or the designated Premises Supervisor in all areas of the licensed trade.

Course Options

Who should attend?

Those involved in the selling or authorising the sale of alcohol or involved in the management or supervision of licensed premises. In England and Wales the Award for Personal Licence Holders qualification is needed to support an application to the local authority for a personal licence.